Accountant I(Job Id 17226)
Job ID: 17226
Agency: Department of Social Services/Division of Finance
Salary: $20.55 - $22.47 per hour, depending on qualifications
Pay Grade: A1
Closing Date: 09/17/21
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
Our Culture: Family focused. Person centered.
At our organization it is the belief that every South Dakota family has the right to be safe and secure. We believe in respecting individuals and cultural differences by treating people with dignity, fairness and respect.
Our Department: Build Strong Families, South Dakota’s Foundation and Our Future.
The Department of Social Services aims to strengthen and support individuals and families, connecting them with resources to foster independent and healthy lives.
Our Team: Dependable. Committed. Compassionate.
As a member of the Department of Social Services you will be part of a team of professionals who are dependable, committed, and compassionate. We believe collaborative communication, teamwork, partnerships, and trust are foundational to the delivery of essential family services.
Who we want:
- a highly motivated person with a passion for serving the public and displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- an individual who listens attentively to others and clearly conveys information and ideas;
- a dependable and organized individual who effectively plans and organizes work activities;
- a person who is dedicated and who will represent the Department of Social Service with integrity and enthusiasm;
- an individual who works cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate in order to achieve shared goals.
What you will do:
- prepares and maintains financial records to ensure accuracy and compliance with laws and standards;
- learns accounting and audit related policies, procedures, and laws;
- analyze and interpret date;
- reconcile accounts;
- review payments and financial documents.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, business or a related field is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), practices, and standards;
- knowledge of the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports;
- proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other applicable accounting software.
Have the competencies of:
- Attention to Detail: Shows concern for all aspects of tasks.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information to others and checks for understanding.
- Information Seeking: Actively seeks, collects, and evaluates information.
- Integrity: Conducts work in an honest, ethical, responsible, and committed manner.
- Organization: Plans ahead, sets priorities, and works in an orderly manner.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with coworkers and treats them with respect.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"