Fall Semester Internship
Applications are invited for intern candidates interested in hybrid remote/in-person academic semester internships with Portman Square Group in the New York, Chicago, and Washington, DC metro area offices.
Portman Square Group ("PSG") is a full-service business intelligence and risk mitigation firm that helps clients overcome business challenges and identify and seize opportunities in today's global economy. Our services include due diligence, investigations and litigation support, asset tracing, strategic and competitive intelligence gathering, risk and threat assessments, security services and cybersecurity support.
Interns provide research and analysis to support business intelligence services and work closely with Associates and Senior Associates on a wide range of projects. They must be capable of analyzing highly complex information and be adept at conducting research using online databases and other open source materials.
PSG values its staff and places a high value on candidates who can show drive, resourcefulness, energy and creative problem solving skills.
In addition the following skills and experience are highly desired:
- Candidates fluent or research proficient in Spanish, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Hindi, German, Russian and/or other foreign languages are highly desired.
- Strong investigative, analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent academic record preferably in one of the following fields: international relations, political science, international business, journalism, history, foreign languages, international studies, foreign/regional interdisciplinary area studies, law/pre-law, criminal justice, intelligence/national security studies, and related disciplines;
- Excellent ability to communicate in writing and orally;
- Professional and efficient approach to administrative duties;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365;
- Ability to assess and analyze complex and sensitive situations;
- Experience conducting open source research using a wide variety of sources.
Please apply via Handshake.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.