Outdoor Retail Store Assistant Manager
Position: Store Assistant Manager, Tooth of Time Traders
Department: Business Operations
Position location: Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, NM
Philmont Scout Ranch is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to serve as an Assistant Store Manager at the Tooth of Time Traders. The ideal candidate will have retail and management experience.
This position manages warehouse and snack bar operations, assists in the development of merchandise and custom crew gear program as well as overall store operations and management of seasonal staff.
· Manage warehouse operations including inventory management of $2 million, receiving and processing invoices through the point-of-sale system and hiring and managing seasonal warehouse employees.
· Works with store management in development of custom crew gear and the e-commerce manger in presentation of custom crew merchandise, pricing, and information on our store’s website for sales of more than $250,000 yearly.
· Orders and merchandises the snack bar in base and backcountry and responsible for overall operations of snack bar to budgeted sales of $230,000.
· Assist store management in all facets of store operations including the management of 56 seasonal employees.
· Troubleshoot and enhance POS (Retail Pro) functionality under direction of Tooth of Time Traders Manager.
· Oversee the branding station(s) offered in Base Camp, making sure staff are properly trained, supplies are ordered and scheduling of staff.
· Assist in product development and purchasing for the Tooth of Time Traders, including pricing and merchandising.
· Assist with overall operations including seasonal staff management, training, inventory control, and POS troubleshooting.
· Design and prepare reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to collaborate, inspire and hold accountable multiple stakeholders including participants, volunteers, seasonal staff, and other Philmont Departmental employees.
- 2+ years retail store management experience.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
Salary Range $45,000-$48,000 annually. This is an exempt, salaried position. The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a retirement plan. We also offer generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should state Store Assistant Manager. Applications will be accepted through May 7, 2021.