Graphic Design Intern
POSITION: Graphic Design Intern
TIME COMMITMENT: 40 hours per week, consecutive 6-week commitment required during May-July
SALARY: Starting at $10/hour; College credits may be arranged. Work experience at #98 on the Inc 5000's list
Sunday Cool's Art Department is seeking a creative and motivated intern to assistant in the organization's high art demand and organizing our art databases. lnterns for the Art Department will be responsible for working with client related artwork, connecting a creative solution through design to any art related request, and working on special art-related projects.
Daily art duties include but are not limited to:
- Manipulating customizable design templates from our library of in-house created designs
- Recreating client submitted artwork to print as a screen print design on apparel
- Create and design concept driven artwork with a quick turnaround time of 1/2-4 hours
- Revisions to production mock ups
Possible art-related projects include but are not limited to:
- Updating the template library with current inks, making small changes
- Creating a database of old artwork for reuse by subject, style, type of event, etc.
- Creating a handbook for Artists/ Project Managers (PMs) of specs, standards, general procedures.
- Work with PMs on a simple write up/graphic for clients before they get into a consult. This would explain what a client needs to prepare before a consult.
- Updating our distress library.
- Assisting with murals around the office.
Sunday Cool wants to pour into you as you further your career. As an intern, Sunday Cool will provide the following during their 6-week internship program.
- Obtain real world experience
- 1-1 meetings with Department Heads
- Valuable time with Executive Team Members.
- Possible opportunity for future career with Sunday Cool*
- Letter of Recommendation*
*For those that complete the internship program
- Students must be currently enrolled at an accredited 2-or 4-year program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR recent college graduate (within the last 12 months).
- Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have taken college courses but are currently taking “time off” from school are also not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age by the time the internship begins
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must have reliable transportation
Obtaining a college degree in Graphic Design or a similar area of study
Intermediate knowledge in:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Mac
To learn more about our company please visit our website: www.sundaycool.com