MassHealth 1115 Waiver Renewal Manager - (210002Q8)
The MassHealth 1115 Waiver Renewal Manager will support the executive team with the development, coordination and management of the renewal of MassHealth’s 5-year 1115 waiver.
Medicaid demonstrations, called “1115 waivers,” provide federal flexibility for state Medicaid programs to test innovations that support the goals of the Medicaid program, including improving health care outcomes and reducing costs. MassHealth’s 1115 waiver has been in place since 1997 and must be renewed every five years.
Under its current 1115 waiver, which expires in June 2022, MassHealth has:
- Implemented the most significant re-structuring of the program in two decades, shifting the delivery system toward value-based care by enacting payment and delivery system reforms that promote integrated, coordinated care and hold providers accountable for the quality and total cost of care, supported by a $1.8 billion investment over 5 years through the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program
- Contributed to near universal health care coverage for the Commonwealth through MassHealth (e.g., CommonHealth, HIV- Family Assistance) and the Health Connector (ConnectorCare)
- Supported the Commonwealth’s safety net, including the Health Safety Net and supplemental payments for safety net providers, to ensure continued access to care for Medicaid and low-income uninsured individuals
- Expanded access to Substance Use Disorder services, including Clinical Stabilization Services, Residential Rehabilitation Services, Recovery Coaches and Recovery Support Navigators, building on a history of enhancing access to behavioral health services through the 1115 waiver
The next 1115 waiver renewal is crucial to ensure the success and sustainability of MassHealth’s delivery system restructuring and to secure continued funding for the Commonwealth’s safety net. The next waiver provides an opportunity to build on the current restructuring by addressing remaining gaps and challenges towards fully achieving the goals of value-based care to improve quality, integration, equity, health outcomes and member experience.
MassHealth 1115 Waiver Renewal Manager will play a central role in supporting this renewal effort through policy development, communications, and project management for this complex policy initiative. The Manager will work directly with the MassHealth executive team, including the Medicaid Director, Deputy Medicaid Director, Chief Finance and Strategy Officer, and Chief of Payment and Care Delivery Innovation, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Work with the MassHealth executive team and workstream leads to integrate policy proposals into a cohesive framework, including facilitating resolution of key policy questions.
- Prepare and present formal recommendations to MassHealth executive team, Medicaid Director and Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Oversee and participate in drafting and revising formal proposals to CMS.
- Develop and present materials to internal and external audiences related to the 1115 waiver renewal (strategic communications via PowerPoint / Word formats).
- Interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Actively participate in negotiations with CMS.
- Arrange and facilitate public stakeholder meetings and public comment processes.
- Provide overall project management support to the 1115 waiver renewal process.
- Collaborate with the MassHealth policy and legal teams to ensure compliance with all federal requirements related to the 1115 waiver renewal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Comfort with multitasking
- Comfort with working under high pressure and tight time constraints
- Ability to take ownership of workstreams with high-level direction and guidance
- Ability to provide structure and process management to the projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to equity in the workplace and in health care
- Passion for public service
Please upload both Resume and Cover Letter for this position when applying. First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MassHealth, the Commonwealth’s Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program, provides health care benefits to approximately two million Massachusetts residents, including low-income individuals and families, as well as individuals with disabilities. As an innovative national leader, the MassHealth offers the opportunity to work in a cutting-edge, mission-driven, and fast-paced environment. Selected applicants will have exceptional problem-solving, communications, and analytical skills. We offer a unique opportunity to serve, and to make a positive contribution to our members.
MassHealth’s mission is to improve the health outcomes of our diverse members and their families by providing access to integrated health care services that sustainably and equitably promote health, well-being, independence, and quality of life.
For more information about our agency and programs please visit: www.mass.gov/masshealth
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
A criminal tax and background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) five (5) years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional, professional internship, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A certificate in a relevant or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
II. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
III. A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) years of the required experience.
IV. A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Administrator V
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Exec Office Of Health and Human Services
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2021, 4:27:19 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 38,067.12 - 109,173.71 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Mark Wigfall - 6173488409
Bargaining Unit: M99-Managers (EXE)