Advanced Apprentice Level Maintenance & Repair - Mechanical
This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- Maintain, repair, and install plant equipment and systems within generation standards, manufacturer’s guidelines, and complies with Federal and State laws and regulations, and Company rules.
- Perform related administrative duties (i.e.: inventory, time keeping, work order system).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain working relationships.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of a formal apprenticeship
- Equivalent education/experience which may include millwright, welding, pipefitter, predictive maintenance, or machinist.
- Must successfully complete physical work screen.
- Subject to audiometric and pulmonary function testing.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.