Graduate Internship (Year Round) - Technology Licensing and Commercialization Fellow
A student internship is available in the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's (NREL) Technology Transfer Office (TTO). NREL is the nation's premier laboratory for research, development and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
We have an immediate opening for an internship in our Golden, Colorado office. This student intern is part of a TTO fellowship program that will directly assist the NREL licensing team in a number of ways. The intern will work directly with, and under the guidance of TTO licensing executives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing specific marketing summaries describing the NREL technology and corresponding intellectual property while identifying companies active within markets where NREL technologies are likely to make a contribution.
- Provide strategic information on each company, market-specific intellectual property landscapes and to the extent possible, appropriate points of contact for business development.
- Performing technological and market feasibility assessments for nascent NREL innovations including developing marketing summaries and defining both beachhead and longer term markets for key NREL technologies, while leveraging the EERE Energy Innovation Portal.
- Becoming involved/helping to establish a basis for patent license financial terms and reviewing license agreements in negotiation; including analysis of patenting strategies, intellectual property portfolio valuation and projecting corresponding royalty streams for NREL technologies.
- Other projects that support the mission of TTO and NREL.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Have a technical background in science/engineering or be enrolled in a technical writing program.
- Internship period cannot exceed 12 months past graduation
Please Note: Before interview selection, you will need to provide unofficial transcripts to verify GPA and full time enrollment.