2021 - Summer Analyst Internship - Enterprise Program Management
WHO WE ARE
Enterprise Program Management:
CIB Functions is an organization providing a wide range of services to the Global Markets and Global Banking métiers, as well as, to the entire region. Located in New York, New Jersey, Montreal and Mumbai, the group focuses on best in breed operational delivery, IT services and Operational Controls. The group is organized to support internal and external clients. Its focus is organized around the following priorities:
- ENHANCE customer service for both BNP Paribas stakeholders and external bank clients, and increase alignment with the business lines / functions
- IMPROVE operational efficiencies and instill a culture of continuous improvement
- ALIGN the target operating model with the global strategic vision and ensure consistency with CIB’s overall transformation program
- CONTROL and manage potential risks stemming from cost base reduction and near/off-shoring initiative
Within the CIB COO perimeter, the Enterprise Program Management team is an organization with deep interconnectivity across regional/global businesses and functions. EPM supports the end-to-end execution of prioritized initiatives across CIB Americas and is comprised of senior project leaders equipped to execute change ambitions across the platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Independently identify issues, develop strategies to improve the team’s problem solving process and proactively suggest innovative solutions
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Prepare and proactively participate in presentations and interviews
- Perform creative and effective market research and data analysis
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling individual deliverables
- Provide core Project Management support by understanding the overall project plan and timeframe, keeping to the defined schedule and using discretion to consider actionable next steps
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS 2021
The internship program is our primary source for hiring junior talent into the firm. Over 10 weeks, you will acquire an in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you’ll be with a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. As an intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to hit the ground running and allow you to network with interns across all business lines.
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the bank, gaining the exposure you need to make an informed decision about where your skills and interests are.
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry.
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internships are a springboard to a graduate career with us, so they are not only highly competitive, but intellectually demanding. To secure a place, you’ll need a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to express yourself well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
- All majors accepted
- Excel skills preferred
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to respect deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A keen intellectual curiosity and sense of drive
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.