Rehabilitation Counselor 43965
This position is being posted at two levels. The final level will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Rehabilitation Counselor Senior - Assist persons with disabilities to significantly increase their vocational, personal, and financial independence with special attention to individuals with severe disabilities and significant vocational impediments within the service area. This position will serve people who are deaf or hard of hearing in the seven county metro area. It will coordinate and network with other state agencies in the provision of employment services, including programs that serve people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Fluency in American Sign Language is required.
Rehabilitation Counselor Career - In addition to the above duties, this level will serve as an expert on a specific disability, treatment or transition process, or on cultural issues. It will provide expert technical resources to community rehabilitation programs, educational programs, and to other VR counselors and staff to enhance the delivery of rehabilitation service in the assigned geographic area. Travel is required.
1. Conduct an assessment of the participant’s disabilities in terms of their resulting vocational barriers in order to determine their eligibility for Vocational Rehabilitation Services and their Priority for Services category.
2. To conduct a comprehensive assessment of VR needs, provide guidance and counseling, and to develop an Employment Plan that is consistent with the person's assets and disability related barriers described in the Comprehensive Assessment.
3. To coordinate vocational placement and follow up services so that the plan of services can result in the person with a disability in obtaining, maintaining, regaining, advancing or retaining employment.
4. To maintain professional growth and ethical counseling standards so as to keep abreast of current and new trends in the rehabilitation field and to provide the broadest range of services to persons that we serve.
5. Provide specialized consultation and support to referral sources and vocational rehabilitation services to people with disabilities in the assigned service delivery area.
Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL). Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to demonstrate their signing skills during the interview.
Rehabilitation Counselor Senior - To qualify, you must have a Master's degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or a closely related field (e.g. Rehabilitation Teaching, Counseling, Psychology), including graduate-level coursework in counseling theory/techniques.
Excellent human relations skills are required to build cooperative working relationships with the VR client as well as with partners throughout the vocational rehabilitation process.
You must submit a copy of your transcripts. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 651-297-5343.
Rehabilitation Counselor Career - In addition to the above requirements, three years of related work experience which demonstrates knowledge of one-to-one counseling, caseload management, development of rehabilitation plans, client assessment, and job placement services is required. Please ensure your resume reflects your experience in these areas.