Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, Paralegal Specialist Opportunity
The Antitrust Division is seeking to fill entry-level, trainee Paralegal Specialist positions in our Washington, DC Office. Paralegals within the Division perform legal duties in support of attorneys engaged in antitrust cases and matters.
Please see the website for the full list of responsibilities and how to apply:
The Incumbent serves as Paralegal Specialist, and as such:
- Performs factual research using evidentiary files, library reference materials, corporate records, private and governmental studies, computer databases, internet resources, and other pertinent sources to supply needed factual information for inclusion in memoranda, briefs, and similar documents.
- Assists Attorneys in preparing for and conducting interviews with investigative sources and prospective witnesses.
- Takes accurate notes during attorney proffers and witness interviews and prepares memoranda from those notes.
- Performs preliminary screening of electronic and hard copy substantive materials prior to review by attorneys; codes electronic documents and categorizes hard copy documents in accordance with case priorities.
- Assists technical support staff with the preparation and organization of electronic document review databases.
- Organizes and maintains tracking logs for all incoming and outgoing case-related material.
- Prepares and organizes charts, graphs, and other materials to be used as exhibits in court.
- Prepares tables of content, indexes, and tables of authorities for legal briefs, memoranda, and other such documents; reviews and researches citations, footnotes, textual references, and other entries for accuracy.
- Prepares routine correspondence.
- Travels to any off-site trials, grand jury sessions, or discovery locations and while there provides similar paralegal support as described above.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please Note: Additional selections may be made from this announcement. Also, a writing sample and a combination of 3 to 5 business and academic references may be requested of individuals identified as best qualified, to be forwarded to the selecting official along with your application package, upon referral.
We place a high value on diversity of experience and cultural perspective and encourage applications from all interested eligible candidates, including candidates from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, women, LGBT individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.