Human Resources Intern
7:00 am to 4:00 pm PDT
Hours Per Week:
$15 per hour
Internship Start Date:
10/25/2021 or 1/14/2022
Internship End Date:
As a successful HR Intern, you’ll be
- As an HR Intern, your role is to help facilitate human resources requests for employees who are in need of services that help them work more efficiently in their positions.
- This could include, but is not limited to; new hire orientations, benefits meetings, leave requests, medical leave law management, maintaining and storing medical information accurately and confidentially, and general employee relations topics.
- This internship could also prepare you for the responsibilities of being a liaison between managers and employees when necessary.
- You’ll also learn about being a resource to managers to ensure that they are acting in compliance with all applicable laws and policies of the company.
- This is a temporary, full-time (40 hours per week) position initially, with the possibility for the right candidate to transition into a full-time regular position.
- Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm PDT
- This is a remote position which means you get to work from your home office! You may be required to come into the office occasionally.
- Spending 150 minutes per week learning in our online university AdaptiveU.
- Camera-ready for Teleport meetings whenever you are clocked in and working.
- Living Anywhere best practices, like working at a desk/chair in a distraction-free work station with proper lighting.
- HR Interns will learn to be well versed in state, local, and federal requirements that the company must meet.
- They must ensure that the company operates within required guidelines and take care to protect the rights of the company’s employees.
- These regulations may include Equal Employment Opportunity Guidelines, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), and the Office of Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) guidelines, to name a few.
- To be successful in this position, you’ll need to have exceptional customer service skills: efficiency, friendliness, and a positive attitude.
- These excellent interpersonal skills should extend to having a professional demeanor in occasionally stressful and difficult situations.
- Equally important are the extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- You should be able to speak in front of people and crowds.
- Conversely, you should have the ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions and effectively relay those instructions to employees.
- You should have stellar reporting, policy writing, and research skills.
- As well it is necessary for you to have the ability to keep all items confidential in your daily tasks. You should have extreme attention to detail as well as the ability to manage your time with limited direction or interference.
- Cable/Fios or other high-speed Internet connection. DSL is allowed as long as it's not DSL Satellite (No Wireless, Satellite or Air Card, LTE/4G, MIFI, VPN connections, or WiFi Range Extenders)
- Shared or group internet connections are not accepted
- Not all internet providers are compatible (ISP with known issues: ATMC)
- Internet Download speed of at least 10 Mbps
- Internet Upload speed of at least 4 Mbps
- Ability to hardwire your computer to your internet connection (You must have a physical wire connection at all times while working)
- Capable of supporting at least 1280x800 resolution
- The processor needs to be 2.0 GHz or higher, cannot be a C+G type processor, Celeron processor, nor Chromebook (Compatibility will be determined once screenshots are received as not all systems meeting these specs are accepted)
- 64-bit Operating System
- Windows 8 or 10 (most MAC models that are 2016 or newer are compatible)
- 8GB or more of System Memory (RAM)
- Not all antiviruses are compatible with our systems and could require removal if problems arise
- The computer must finish the boot-up process in less than 3 minutes
- A webcam for training and meetings
- A headset or earbuds for the first few days of training
- Enough USB ports to support the use of a wired headset, mouse, keyboard, and external webcam if you do not have an internal webcam
AnywhereWorks is committed to providing equal opportunity employment; creating, managing, and valuing diversity in our workforce; providing a safe work environment; and fostering a culture of belonging where all employees are included, treated with dignity and respect, promoted on their merits, and placed in positions to contribute to our future success.