Digital Communications and Social Media Intern at The Washington Diplomat (Immediate Hire)
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
PART or FULL TIME: 20 – 30 hours per week flexible hours, able to work remotely, unpaid JOB TITLE: Digital Communications and Social Media internship- college credit
The Washington Diplomat, a 25-year old monthly publication, media, and events company that serves the diplomatic community in D.C., is seeking interns for the upcoming fall and winter semester.
Interns will assist the editorial department in all aspects of the media and the online bi-monthly newsletter, the Diplomatic Pouch.
The intern will primarily be responsible for building our social media presence on multiple platforms.
- Engaging and innovative content on social media platforms
- Promoting the organizations bi-weekly newsletter
- Social media posts management (currently: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook).
- Implementing social media improvements
- Collecting feedback from the diplomatic corp
- Supporting and engaging partners
- Creative thinking
- Editing, proofreading, and writing
- Strong research abilities
- Social media management
- Create current affairs engaging social media content.
- Analyze and interpreting information from different sources.
- Communicate effectively with clients, embassies, different backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Work both independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks in a virtual environment.
- Use Social Media platforms to engage diplomats, embassies, partners, and clients to strengthen the
- publications’ standing and subscribers.
ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE USING:
- Word and basic database software/data mining.
- Cloud and other online collaboration tools.
- Social media analytics tools (e.g., Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, Twitter &
- LinkedIn Analytics, Google Analytics)
- A variety of communication-focused technologies website content management systems.