Data Science Summer Internship
This year’s internships will be 100% virtual and are now open for applications!
As a Data Science intern, you will have direct access to big data. See responsibilities below for more specifics:
- Participate in using code and statistical analysis to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Adjust and correlate data into logical results.
- Perform statistical and other advanced analysis to find patterns and relationships within large volumes of data.
- Collect data and information, performing data quality reviews, running statistical models, conduct data analysis, and provide assessments to management.
- Support preparation of reports including creation of visualizations (e.g., graphs in excel), translation to business intelligence tools, and/or development of written materials to convey statistical information and business insights.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Timeframe: May – September 2021
- Current students in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
**Specific Degree Requirements**
Bachelor's or higher degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, computer science, or operational research.
- OR -
Degree in a major not mentioned above, however possess 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.
- OR -
Combination of experience and education achieved from courses equivalent to a major field of study in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science, plus additional education or appropriate experience.
- OR -
Bachelor's or higher degree in operations research, or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
- OR -
Current student pursuing a degree or coursework in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, computer science, or operational research and will meet one of the above requirements prior to graduation.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered. In addition to your application, you’re required to complete a questionnaire from USAHire (after you apply, an email will be sent containing the questionnaire link).
Apply by 1/22/21!