Title: Audit Intern
Duration: 10 Weeks (30 hours/week)
Location: New York, NY
This is a paid internship within Global Banking and Markets Internal Audit team.Team is responsible for auditing Global Banking (Investment Banking, Capital Markets), Global Markets (Sales & Trading Front Office, Operations BackOffice, Product Control, Market Risk), Securities Services (Custody, Trust Services), and Global Liquidity and Cash Management business. Provide independent, objective assurance to management as to whether their risk management and controls are adequate and in line with internal and Regulatory requirements.
This is an opportunity to work on a top performing, global internal audit team while gaining valuable exposure to Global Banking and Markets. The internship will run for approximately 10 weeks with potential for an internship renewal and opportunity to apply for full-time positions, depending on performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team throughout the audit process (planning, fieldwork, and reporting)
- Analyzing internal controls and processes in order to contribute to audit workpapers
- Participating in meetings and calls with stakeholders
- Data administration in the audit database
- Ad hoc projects including preparing presentations for Audit Management and Regulators
- Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree. Applicants attending grad school in NYC can qualify if they can provide a minimum of 30 hours per week during normal business hours.
- Min 3.2 GPA
- Outstanding academic background, preferably with a degree in finance, business or related field.
- Demonstrable interest in working in the financial services industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and highly accountable.
- Team player who is comfortable working with individuals at all levels.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office applications and able to learn new software quickly.