About our COMPANY
Since 1968, Hollywood Woodwork is a South Florida based business who collaborates with Architects, Designers, Developers and General Contractors to manufacture and install the highest quality Custom Architectural Woodwork. Our Projects are located throughout the United States and Caribbean regions. We are One Team that delivers Passion an Innovation by listening and delivering high quality service to our customers while maintaining integrity and standards in all that we do. We are an employee-owned company with over 100 professionals and craftsmen. In 1999, Hollywood Woodwork began the transition from a family-owned business to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), where each Hollywood Woodwork employee-owner is a stakeholder in our success.
To learn more visit us online at: www.hollywoodwoodwork.com.
As an Accounting intern you will join the Business Operations team in supporting daily operational efficiency in areas such as: core accounting, financial and operational reporting, accounting audits, streamline reporting through database tools such as Power BI and Excel, and collaborating across multiple departments to analyze the business operations and provide insights and recommendations for workflow improvements and innovations. Through the Accounting Internship Program, we are looking for a dedicated team member that demonstrates the desire and passion to grow with us.
About the team
Business Operations team combines traditional financial planning and analysis with high quality operations support. This dynamic Team is comprised of: Human Resources, Information Technology, Purchasing, Finance and Accounting.
- Accounting Intern will work with the Business Operations team assisting with various Accounting and Operation project assignments.
- Project assignments may include record entries, audits and reconciliations across multiple ERP systems, workflow improvements and documentation, assist with month-end closing, project risk and compliance, inventory, and fixed asset management.
- Real business exercises that go beyond Accounting theory. Work as part of a collaborative Finance and Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, assist with month-end close procedures, audit data and support operations.
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities, i.e. continuing professional educational programs and seminars offered by Hollywood Woodwork.
- Initiate and develop relationship with the Hollywood Woodwork management team
- Conduct oneself professionally as a representative of the Company
- Additional responsibilities not listed above may be added as needed.
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Exhibit a strong desire to learn.
- Must exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Demonstrate high level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Must exhibit excellent analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; be able to multi-task.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
· Candidates must have minimally completed their second year in pursuit of their Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.