Engineer 3 to Sr Engineer (DOE)
Atmos Energy's Louisiana Division has openings for Engineers in their Monroe and Natchitoches locations. These positions may be hired as an Engineer 3 or a Sr Engineer depending on experience/qualifications. Apply by August 9, 2020 on the company application site at https://www.atmosenergy.com/careers/working-atmos-energy . Applicants must apply to the job posting for the specific locations they are interested in.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Operates with considerable latitude in performing complex technical assignments involving but not limited to the following:
a. Construction of new and maintenance of existing pipeline systems including selection of materials development of procedures compliance with applicable codes and inspection of work in progress;
b. Evaluation of leakage survey effectiveness;
c. Operation of pipeline system including regulation measurement curtailment and loss or gain of natural gas;
d. Compliance with Federal state and local rules and regulations;e. Design of system mains regulator and meter settings and corrosion control protection.
2. Provides input regarding the development and evaluation of the Company's operating standards.
3. Conducts product evaluation and presents recommendations to standards committee based on product safety economics of use and user friendliness.
4. Reviews paperwork regarding completed jobs for accuracy and adherence to original design specifications.
5. Provides engineering specifications surveys and directions that are necessary for project completion on schedule and within budget.
6. Assists in the coordination of activities between Engineering and Operations to ensure the timely completion of projects.
7. Provides specialized reports and studies as required.8. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering and four years professional experience in engineering.
2. Valid driver's license.Communication
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information on technical concepts to individuals without experience or knowledge of the technical area.
Requires the ability to perform algebraic trigonometric and geometric operations and/or moderately complex statistical and/or accounting methods.
Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications to create complex documents reports and graphics.
Works in an office environment occasionally outdoors.Requires occasionally performing activities including but not limited to bending stooping grasping reaching twisting turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender national origin age disability or veteran status.