Summer 2020: Global Audit Intern
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Global Audit Departmental Overview
We are an independent and objective assurance and business advisory organization designed to provide assurance to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, add value to senior management and improve EA’s operations. We help EA to accomplish its business objectives by bringing a top down, risk-based approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Global Audit Intern will work with multiple functional groups to experience numerous areas and processes of audit. You will play an active role in participating on operational audits where you will be exposed to IT and business processes and controls, as well as supporting the EA SOX compliance program and our data analytics effort. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, be involved in a fun and active office community, and build strong relationships with members of Electronic Arts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of the audit approach, methodology, and tools;
- Establish working relationships with teammates and key contacts;
- Work closely with teammates on all phases of audits;
- Assist in the development of auditing with data analytics;
- Collaborate with the Finance and Operational audit teams;
- Participate in the annual Sarbanes-Oxley control testing.
Skills and Knowledge
- Developed written and verbal communication skills in English and excellent soft-skills;
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio);
- Familiar with data analysis and data analytics tools
- Comfortable with learning and working with new computer tools and applications;
- Interest in a digital business or similar industry.
- Full time undergraduate student;
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Currently studying Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Analytics/Science, or Management Information Systems is preferred.