REGISTERED NURSE II
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
1. Promotes wellness and provides education through activities directed toward prevention and reduction of risk factors and control and management of identified health problems to prevent vaccine communicable diseases including providing presentation to local groups as requested.
2. Provides immunizations following agency policies/standing orders in internal and external clinics, including school located vaccine clinics and community mass clinics across the region. Implements plans to include identifying and intiating appropriate interventions, to include education and counseling based on identified needs; administering/dispensing medications/treatments according to standing medical orders or individual patient medical orders and initiating follow-up on referrals when indicated. Involves the patient in decision-making.
3. Reviews immunization status, administers age appropriate vaccines per standing orders; completes the SC Certificate of Immunization appropriately.
4. Assist with regional identification, planning and coordination of external Imz vaccine community clinics.
5. Utilizes the nursing process to assess the health of clients including: Obtaining an appropriate history and risk assessment per program policy; Performing physical exams on males and females per program policy; Obtaining appropriate stat labs, pregnancy test and referred labs per program policy; Maintains confidentiality and documents care/services per agency program policies/procedures; Distribution of condoms with instructions on proper use, counsel regarding risk reduction.
6. Assists the health region Epi Team with investigations of vaccine preventable diseases as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned including but not limited to participating in disaster response efforts.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
State Minimum Requirements: Licensure as a registered nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. Some positions require a valid driver's license. Also, some positions require certification in Basic Life Support and/or Basic/Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Agency Additional Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Current license as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nursing for South Carolina or be licensed in a compact state. Current driver's license or ability to obtain transportation in order to fulfill job duties; may be required to use personal vehicle. CPR certification within the first six months and then as required.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
At least 1 year of experience providing pediatric and adult immunization clinical services.