STUDENT TRAINEE (ADMINISTRATIVE/SUPPORT POSITIONS)
The CPSC is seeking student interns for the summer under the Pathways Summer Internship Program. These appointments are full-time during the summer with a not-to-exceed date of September 30, 2020. These internships are provided for college students with a desire to work in the consumer product safety field and/or public sector. Work assignments are designed to complement the interns educational pursuits while meeting the expressed needs of the agency and individual CPSC organizations.
Positions are available in the following offices located in Bethesda Maryland:
- Office of Commissioner
- Office of Communications
- Office of Compliance
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Information & Technology Services
- Office of Facilities Services
- Office of International Programs
- Office of Financial Management, Planning, and Evaluation
- Office of Human Resources Management
- Office of EEO and Minority Enterprise
- Office of the Executive Director
- Directorate for Epidemiology
You will gain valuable professional, administrative, and/or technical on-the-job training and experience with the opportunity to explore future career possibilities with the CPSC. You will perform support work in connection with the assignments and projects of the office to which you are assigned.
Ideal candidates for these internships are individuals pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree programs in business administration or management, communications, statistics or mathematics, accounting, compliance, economics, information technology, equal employment opportunity, and human resources.
- GS-0199 Economics
- GS-0299 Equal Employment Opportunity
- GS-0299 Human Resources
- GS-0399 General Administrative/Data Support
- GS-0599 Accounting
- GS-1099 Information and Communications
- GS-1199 Business and Procurement
- GS-1599 Statistics/Mathematics
- GS-1899 Compliance
- GS-2299 Information Technology
Candidates will be considered on the basis of the applicability of their education to specific CPSC assignments.
To be eligible for an internship opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must be a current student enrolled at least half time in:
- A qualifying educational institution pursuing a degree, or a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school), or a post-secondary homeschool curriculum that has been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education)
- A certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum;
- Students who take online courses are eligible to participate so long as all other requirements are met and the school is accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. You must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least a 3.0.
3. You must be at least 16 years of age.
Applicants must meet requirements at the following GS levels:
GS-3: Completion of 1 year of education above high school.
GS-4: Completion of 2 years above high school or an Associate's Degree.
GS-5: Completion of 4 years above high school leading to a Bachelor's degree.
You MUST maintain status as a student for the duration of this program. If you are graduating in Spring 2020 and not pursuing additional education in Fall 2020, you are not eligible for this program.