Technology Summer 2020 Intern - [CNN Digital] Software Developer
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
CNN Digital develops products for our global audience via CNN.com that empower our editorial counterparts to tell the story and display rich media to inform the public on important news subjects. The teams work cross functionally (Product, Design, Project, and Technology) and go after exciting new products to engage our audiences and support the CNN brand.
What will you be doing?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and products that we are exploring to enhance the experience on CNN.com
Specific responsibilities vary by project. Primary responsibilities will include:
· Participate in agile ceremonies including planning sessions, scrum and retrospects.
· Work with product, design and technology teams to brainstorm new ideas and products.
· Application development for prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
· Work with other software developers and receive code reviews.
Some of the learning opportunities may include:
· Exposure to developing with React / NodeJS / API’s
· WebGL, D3.js and 3D Web development
· GraphQL and data modeling
· Machine Learning
· Build and deployment pipelines – CI/CD
What do we require from you?
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
• Work well with others, this opportunity will be in collaboration with our cross-functional teams at CNN.
• Keep an open mind! We are going to be exploring new ideas and technology!
· Front-end Web development skills (HTML, CSS, SASS)
· Knowledge of Git, Github and the Git branching model
What’s so great about this internship?
· An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
· Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
· A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.