Project Development Intern (Part-Time)
Utah Transit Authority’s Capitol Development department is seeking a motivated individual to assist with developmental activities associated with the planning, design construction and initial operations of Bus Rapid Transit, Light Rail, or Commuter Rail and facilities from project conception to service implementation. Tasks may include but are not limited to the following: research, data collection/analysis, document creation, and preparing presentation materials for meetings.
Junior level student or more currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, transportation planning, engineering, public administration, or related field. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA. Transcripts and two letters of recommendation will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Basic understanding of at least one of the following areas:
- Zoning and land use regulations
- Transportation system planning
- Transit operations and route planning relationship between land use, urban design and transit
- Quantitative/statistical analysis and business writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office at the intermediate level (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Reliable and self-directing
- Strong organizational skills
An equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience. (UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.)
$12.50 - $15.70 per hour depending on level of education completed. This position is part-time, not to exceed 29 hours per week. Duration: Approximately 6 to 12 months.
Free Transit Pass