Analyst, Merchant and Vendor Operations and Support
This Analyst position reports into the MIO department at Macy’s. MIO, which stands for the Merchandise Information Office, is responsible for supporting the Omni & Digital Buyers and Planners (merchants) at Macy’s, as well as other cross-functional partners, including Stores Operations, Shortage Control, A/P, Private Label brands, leased businesses, distribution warehouses, and vendors.
This Analyst’s primary responsibility is maintaining integrity and stability of the Style File, including products being sold in stores as well as online. The Style File system holds information about all merchandise carried at Macy’s – about 2 million products, which equate to over 6 million records at color/size (UPC) level. Because this system integrates with several other retail systems responsible for ordering, allocating and reporting, the Analyst is expected to perform various maintenance functions to support compliance with corporate hierarchy, website availability, proper aging, and taxing of merchandise. Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain the Style File and EDI System:
- Research and resolve systemic issues called in by Buyers and Planners or detected internally.
- Perform maintenance submitted by the Buying Offices, ensuring it is processed timely and accurately.
- Participate in testing enhancements.
Maintain related support files to ensure accurate financial accounting for inventory and taxation of products at point of sale:
- Coordinate seasonal changes to merchandise departmental hierarchy as business needs dictate.
- Perform file set-ups for existing and new store locations.
- Perform tax maintenance to adhere to local regulations.
- Partner with Gross Margin Accounting to review aging of product.
Review Merchandise Not live and ITS (Issue Tracking System) open issues:
- Develop and enhance current website reporting for the Macy’s organization. Compile trend reporting for areas that consistently populate the website exception reports.
- Support the Merchants with resolving open issues and assist in troubleshooting why products are not live on the site.
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the website area and learn about how it interfaces with all other areas of the support organization.
- Work with Customer Service & Facilities teams to ensure best practices are followed.
- Develop ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics or Economics preferred, but not required.
- 1 to 2 years work experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals, and explain orally and in writing, technical information to partners in a simple and understandable format
- Excellent mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages, probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to multitask and work cross functionally with multiple business partners
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of the product development process (retail experience recommended).