Position Title: Marketing Intern
Reports To: Various Marketing personnel
The Marketing Department Intern is responsible for providing support to all members of the Marketing staff. Depending on his/her competencies, s/he will work directly with the Assistant Director of Marketing, the Marketing/Communications Manager, the Digital Marketing Manager and the Sales Manager.
This highly motivated individual will be a marketing or music student able to contribute in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing performing arts institution. A passion for marketing and/or the performing arts is essential.
Responsibilities could include:
- Working closely with cross-departmental staff and volunteers, support the Assistant Marketing Director with the implementation of all details related to events including, but not limited to Fanfare: Opening Night, New Year’s Eve, and others.
- Represent the Symphony at performances and events, and in the community at activities that can deepen audience engagement
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager on the Symphony’s digital advertising campaigns. Potentially work with outside vendors, report results, and provide analysis and recommendations for future digital strategies.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager on the Symphony’s social media accounts and website; generate reports indicative of consumer response to said platforms.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager on the production of video content for digital platforms; help to produce Digital Concert Hall and live-stream projects; help to analyze reach to influence marketing strategies.
- Work closely with department staff on the creation, copy writing, editing, production, and distribution of patron communication, including brochures and newsletters
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to manage the Encore program magazine; obtain copy from program officers; edit material to ensure brand and style uniformity; communicate deadlines and oversee the execution of a completed program book delivered on deadline
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to write and distribute press releases; coordinate press announcements
- Other duties as requested or assigned
- Strong writing ability
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software applications, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; fluency in English
- Knowledge of digital and social marketing techniques
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment required
- Knowledge of and familiarity with classical repertoire desirable
- Physically able to lift 35lbs, unassisted
- Able to work daytime, evenings and weekends