Fall 2019 Books Intern
Skybound Books (The Electric State, The Quotable Negan, The Obsoletes) is looking for a books intern who is driven, organized and seeking a career in the entertainment and publishing industries. Throughout the semester, interns will learn what it takes to acquire, develop, and publish genre fiction novels as well as gaining insight into film and tv production, comic books publication, and the creation of digital content. By reading manuscripts, writing reader reports, conducting industry-related research, and assisting with special projects – interns will gain firsthand knowledge on what it takes to succeed in the entertainment and publishing industries. Interns will also have the opportunity to work with management and ask questions, with an eye toward learning more about the business side of these industries.
Interns will also be provided the opportunity to go through a resume workshop, receive feedback on resumes, attend an interview seminar and access to a presentation breaking down how to look for and apply for industry jobs post college.
Candidates MUST be able to receive college credit.
- Applicants should be highly-driven and self-motivated
- Upbeat, friendly, positive attitudes are appreciated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fast and thorough reader
- Exceptional writer
- Exceptional verbal communications skills
- Base knowledge of publishing industry is a huge plus
- Improving writing and analyzing manuscript skills
- A deeper understanding of the Industry and its major players
- Opportunity to partake in special projects
- Improving editorial abilities
- Introduction to administrative tasks which will increase hireability in the future
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with “BOOKS INTERNSHIP: Candidate Name” in the subject line.