Registered Nurse 1*-070319-177227
Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute (MBMHI) is a psychiatric hospital that has been serving 52 counties in East Tennessee since 1961. Hospitalizations are on a voluntary or involuntary basis, or patients can also be referred by the court system for pre-trial evaluations. The hospital offers 2 long-term care units, 4 short-term care units, and therapeutic treatment units for a total of 150 beds. Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute’s mission is to provide quality psychiatric services to individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness.
Summary of Position
As a Licensed Practical Nurse 1, you will be responsible for:
• Participating in receiving and assisting in giving shift report during shift change
• Checking the medicine refrigerator daily and utilizing corrective action to maintain proper temperature
• Ensuring the medical equipment cleaning log is documented properly
• Making certain medication pass is done correctly and documented appropriately
• Correctly documenting the medication accountability log
• Facilitating specific patient group meetings according to schedule, while maintaining proper documentation for topics covered and patient attendance
• Adjusting priorities based on patient and hospital needs
• Providing timely and accurate information to other employees to ensure patient care is top priority
Education / Experience
· Currently licensed as a practical nurse
Benefits include: State Hybrid Pension Plan, 401K and 457 (Deferred Compensation), 11 paid Holidays, Annual, Bereavement, Military, Family Medical, Maternity, Sick Leave, Sick Leave Bank, Flexible Benefits. Insurance is available including Health, Dental, Life, and Vision.
Pre-employment criminal background check is required.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.