Responsibilities included but not limited to:
· Tax Return Preparation: Prepare U.S. Tax Returns, including preparation of work papers and lead sheets, preparation of tax projections and related estimated payments
· Utilizes client input and data, firm-specific software, and industry knowledge to produce tax related documents.
· Perform accounting for client business to be used in preparing income tax returns, including preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss and related adjusting journal entries, tax accruals, etc.
· Prepare /reconcile account schedules as required to create accurate work papers to complete a client's return
· Reviews client source data, identifies relevant information, and follows up with the appropriate contact to request additional client information
· Understanding tax regulations and accounting pronouncements
· Research and analyze international and domestic tax issues to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
· Assist with IRS audit and respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
· Stay current on latest tax law changes. Take advantage of continuing education opportunities.
· Be curios, learn, share and innovate
· Assist with general administrative functions of the Tax Department.
· Assist with other Corporate accounting projects and special projects, as necessary.
· Inform and advise supervisor of possible over budgets in clients
· Desire to serve clients and co-workers with excellence.
· Participate in office events: Charity, recruiting. seminars, CPE, presentations, networking (but not limited).
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or demonstrated progress towards obtaining degree.
· 1 – 2 years’ experience in the public accounting and tax industry is a plus.
· Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
· Proficiency in Ultra Tax, Checkpoint, and Quickbooks is a plus.
· Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish – Portuguese is a plus