Technology Summer 2020 Intern - [AYAKM] Software Developer
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
Within AYAKM Digital, (Animation, Young Adults, and Kids Media), we are a development team that supports Cartoon Network Digital. We help implement Cartoon’s content on digital platforms like computers, smart phones and TV apps. We would closely with Cartoon to assist in creating cutting edge video apps and games.
What will you be doing?
The Developer Intern will actively participate in web development operations at WarnerMedia. Utilizing programming and problem-solving skills in the field of web / mobile / connected device application development, which will provide developers the opportunity to work on a variety of consumer facing portals. This effort will afford participants the ability to gain skills in web development, source code management, product configuration, and product release management.
The intern will be treated as a professional hire and will gain experience in a robust, global technology & operations business environment. Time will be allocated to coaching & mentoring, answering questions, listening, and relationship building. They will be given the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. Learn how to apply critical thinking skills in problem identification and data analysis, and in recognizing the implications of decisions.
Work will include the following:
- Perform software development, testing, debugging, documentation and deployment
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Work in a cross team collaborative manner to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance tasks.
- Assist with project management tasks
What do we require from you?
- Experience with SDLC principles or background in Computer Science
- Interest in developing software for business purposes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with large groups
- Student of computer science or related field
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.