Accounting Technician - Revenue Specialist
Incumbents for the position of Accounting Technician Revenue Specialist will perform essential functions and multiple accounting duties as apportioned under Accounting. While work assignments may be primarily focused in one division area, incumbents may be assigned cross-division duties based on District needs. For that reason, incumbents are expected to possess a skill level that allows them to be assigned any duty at any time and become proficient in the required work within a short period of time. Some general types of duties expected to be performed within this position includes the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to:
· Count Daily cash receipts received by the Recreation, Customer Service, and Community Watch Departments and verify the totals against the Daily Transaction Reports.
· Audit and reconcile any differences in the Daily Transaction Report. Contact applicable department for discrepancies.
· Maintain a log of any cash discrepancies and report any differences over $20 to Senior Accountant.
· Process check requests from Room Rentals for security deposits refunded. Maintain an excel spreadsheet and reconcile to the General Ledger as part of the month end closing process.
· Maintain sales tax spreadsheet by entering revenues and assist Staff Accountant with resolving any differences.
· Prepare deposit slips for checks or cash received on a daily basis for the various entities.
· Organizes and prepares documents for scanning of all documents contained in the daily transactions reports into Docusphere Records retention software by Records Specialists. Provide customer service to residents or district employees requesting information on cash issues.
· Answer incoming calls for Accounting Division phone lines.
· Researches accounting discrepancies as assigned by Senior and Staff Accountants.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting and/or a closely related field.
- Proficient personal computer skills and basic proficiency level in knowledge of Microsoft package involving Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and professional appearance.
- Successful completion of background check and drug screening.
- Ability to be well-organized & successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment to meet multiple demanding deadlines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- FEMA 100, 200, 300, 700 series as required within six months of hire.
Position requires the use of telephones, personal computers and productivity software, document imaging scanners, copier and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Regularly required to stand; walk, push/pull; handling/fingering; reach forward; reach overhead; kneeling; stooping; twisting; squatting; sitting; balancing;
- The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.