Internship - Public Policy
Our Office of Civil Rights is seeking a summer intern to streamline the work we do surrounding disadvantaged and small business programs and activities. We are looking for someone entering graduate school who is studying public or business administration, public relations, communications or a related field. Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
A day in the life:
- Evaluate federal, state and local policies to help create coordinated and comprehensive messaging.
- Provide web page review and content editing.
- Design creative ways to report data and analytical information for use during presentations and outreach events.
- Write a script for an educational video.
- Review and edit various training documents and forms.
What you will learn:
- You will develop critical thinking skills and increase your intellectual honesty.
- You will increase your listening and communication skills as you gain experience with public policy.
What we need:
- Someone entering their 1st or 2nd year of graduate school who is studying public or business administration, public relations, communications or a related field. Those who have recently graduated with an advanced degree within these fields are also welcome to apply (within the past two years).
- A valid driver license and acceptable driving record are required for this position.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Career goals that align with this internship.
- Ability to present information in a way that results in action.
- Communications experience.
How to apply:
To learn more and apply click here. This posting closes on 5/29/19.