- Direct or coordinate the supportive services of the business unit.
- Prepare and review operational reports.
- Acquire, distribute and store supplies and manage vendor relations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Human Resources matters for your location. Including but not limited to Employee Relations, on-boarding, terminations, record keeping, job posting, file maintenance.
- Management of payroll.
- Assist management with basic employee relations matters. Partner closely with Region HR team to escalate more serious issues.
- Assist with accounting: purchasing, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Interfaces with shared services, the governance team, HR and Corporate as needed.
- Assist Regional Controller with annual Budget and monthly Forecasts.
- Experience with Human Resources practices and processes.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Demonstrated competency with all Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce highly desirable.
- Interpersonal Savvy- relates well with all people.
- Builds rapport and effective relations, and uses diplomacy and tact.
- Approachability- is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener.
- Action Oriented- enjoys working hard, and is action oriented.
- Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Developing self & others- confident and assertive when providing coaching, guidance or direction.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 3-5 years in a Human Resources, Payroll , or Office Manager capacity required.
Training/Equipment: Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications; Excellent database & spreadsheet skills, HRIS systems knowledge a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced, dynamic environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Frequently handles sensitive and confidential material. Must demonstrate 100% confidentiality on all manners.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.