Immunization Program Fiscal Analyst
Close Date: 05/22/2019
Salary: $4,221 - $6,162 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Oregon Immunization Program in Portland, OR is recruiting for an Immunization Program Fiscal Analyst. The Oregon Immunization Program works to reduce the incidence of vaccine-preventable disease in Oregon. Our staff members seek to identify and promote evidence-based public health best practices to both the public and health care professionals throughout the state. In addition to education, the Oregon Immunization Program provides technical assistance and quality improvement for both public and private practices.
What will you do?
As the Immunization Program Fiscal Analyst, you will serve as the fiscal analyst for the Oregon Immunization Program section. In collaboration with program and section managers, the fiscal analyst develops, coordinates and analyzes grant budgets, coordinates fiscal operations, and awards and monitors contracts. In this position, you will coordinate and monitor fiscal and grant/contract management systems to ensure alignment with agency, division, and center expectations.
Additionally, you will work daily with program managers to meet program needs and administrative requirements for budgetary data. You will provide fiscal oversight and technical expertise to the programs and contractors. As the fiscal analyst, you will learn and maintain an awareness of changes in program policy that may impact grants and contracts that are in effect. In addition, you will define areas of strength and weakness within fiscal operations and recommend solutions.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to protect Oregonians from communicable diseases. Do you have finance experience preparing, analyzing and administering budgets and grants? Do you have knowledge of government finance and budget practices? Do you have advanced proficiency in Excel? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
· Minimum of five years of fiscal experience which included the preparation, analysis and administration of a budget or fiscal system OR five years of professional-level experience in accounting, fiscal auditing, management or program analysis.
· Experience in modeling, forecasting and analyzing fiscal information.
· Experience working with quality improvement processes and project management.
· Experience managing and coordinating projects to ensure completion.
· Knowledge of emergency management planning concepts and public health systems.
· Experience communicating effectively with federal, regional, local, state and non-governmental public health and public safety staff, including management and policy-level officials.
· Experience working under pressure when faced with changing priorities, short timelines, and somewhat abstract direction is necessary.
· Experience applying a high level of sound, independent judgment in the area of finance and grants management.
· Extensive experience with financial systems and software which includes Excel, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat and html.
· Experience querying complex databases to extract data needed to build financial reports and documentation.
· Experience working with governmental finance and budgeting.
· Education and/or extensive experience in business management principles.
· Experience performing analysis of complex financial issues, recognizing problems and discrepancies, determining recommended actions, and providing clear and accurate feedback to management staff.
· Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment