User Experience Design Intern
Mouser Electronics is a Berkshire Hathaway company, and an award-winning global distributor of semiconductors and electronic components that ships to over 500,000 customers in 170 countries from its 750,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility in Mansfield, Texas. Mouser.com is an award winning website that features more than 4 million products online from more than 700 leading manufacturers.
Mouser employees enjoy competitive pay and benefits, a business casual dress environment, a state-of-the-art facility in which to work, and an experienced management team with vision and a passion for growth. Mouser has built upon 53 years of growth and success in the electronic components distribution industry and is a subsidiary of TTI, Inc.
The User Experience Design (UXD) Intern will gain exposure to using a goal-directed design methodology to provide user-focused design solutions and apply them to an e-commerce website within the electronics distribution industry.
- Observe and train with several team members within the Website Experience department to gain an understanding of various processes
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure and other UXD tools
- Exposure in creating and documenting frameworks for visual design, interaction, and service design
- Exposure in creating and documenting user and system models
- Exposure in conducting research, user testing and A/B testing.
- Exposure in conducting competitor analysis
- Exposure in creating prototypes
- Gain an understanding of degree utilization in the workplace
- Participates in regular meetings with both internal and external customers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate in good standing at either a junior or senior level with focus in Website Design, Website Development, Graphic Design, User Experience Design, Design Management, Computer Science
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Exhibits strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward self and others.
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and telephone etiquette.
- Able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Proficient with internet e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other software.
- Able to type data and use a computer for long periods of time.
**must have housing in the DFW area and able to commute daily to Mansfield, TX**