Senior Tax Accountant
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
· Prepare and review tax returns for individuals,
partnerships, Gifts, Estates Trusts, and corporations; also reviews related income tax
· Preparation and review of Financial Statements and general bookkeeping.
· Reviews client source data, identifies relevant information, and follows up with the
appropriate contact to request additional client information
· Prepare and review work with minimal technical errors
· Supervises teams of staff accountants.
· Participate in meeting/conference calls with Manager/Partner.
· Plans, organizes and implements income tax returns.
· Ensures quality of work product.
· Research tax issues for tax planning and compliance reporting and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions.
· Delegate effectively to staff to optimize efficiency and promote their retention through
consistent career development.
· Assist with IRS audit and respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
· Develop trusted relationships with client personnel and collaborate with clients to
compile project information and resolve issues
· Deliver a high-quality project on time and on budget
· Assist with general administrative functions of the Tax Department.
· Assist with other Corporate accounting projects and special projects, as necessary.
· Inform and advise supervisor of possible over budgets in clients
· Desire to serve clients and co-workers with excellence.
· Participate in office events: Charity, recruiting. seminars, CPE, presentations, networking (but not limited).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Masters of Account – Tax (is a plus).
· CPA certificate or demonstrated progress towards obtaining certificate.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in CPA firm; public accounting and/or tax industry.
· Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
· Proficiency in preparation and review of work papers and the resultant income tax returns
(individual, partnership, corporate).
· Understanding of income tax law, as it relates to individuals, partnerships, and
· Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client service.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency preferred, but not required, in Ultra Tax, Checkpoint, and Quickbooks
· Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish – Portuguese is a plus