Volunteer Outreach Coordinator
SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
3374 Volunteer Outreach Coordinator
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM):
Classified - Temporary-Exempt
Examples of Duties:
(Under the direction of the Dean of Community Outreach, Enrollment, & Student Engagement)
1. Represent City College of San Francisco at community-based organizations, government agencies, and schools on and off campus; this includes but is not limited to: non-credit application workshops, community events, job fairs, CCSF presentations, tours and events at CCSF centers; Hours include weekends and evenings;
2. Exchanges information with management and other staff, community and government agencies, educational institutions, and others regarding outreach, enrollment, retention, and related services; makes presentations to small and large groups to provide information about City College of San Francisco; drives a motor vehicle to off-site locations to attend meetings, special events, workshops, and other activities to obtain current information; designs, coordinates and conducts campus tours for potential students;
3. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates student recruitment programs, events, activities and services, in conjunction with other staff, faculty, administrators, students, other educational institutions and business/community representatives including, but not limited to CCSF 101, Sunday Streets, Lunar New Year Community Festival, SF Pride, Carnaval, Welcome Day, Career fairs, farmers’ markets, presentations, and more;
4. Selects, trains, and directs the work of student ambassadors and classified staff in outreach services and updates training manual;
5. Researches student enrollment and retention history and trends for use in developing correspondence, surveys, and other materials for outreach to potential and current students;
6. Collaborates with student development, academic affairs, and other college personnel to develop recruitment and retention campaigns that target specific adult education populations, and relevant college programs; meets with community-based organization and government agency staff to compile data related to potential student interests, scholastic goals, demographics and other topics;
7. Provides students with transition support and serves as a primary point of contact for students to academic and student support services within the institution;
8. Provides administrative support related to the operations of Outreach Services: coordinates clerical and technical support activities such as data processing, inventory control, distributing reports, purchasing, invoices, and billing functions;
9. Gathers, compiles, analyze data and prepares reports using database programs, spreadsheets, various word processing applications, and statistical techniques to conduct needs assessments, evaluation reports, compile and analyze statistical data, and prepare reports for student learning outcome program evaluation;
10. Actively participates in new technology including updates to website and social networking avenues such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and more;
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND
2. Two (2) years of verifiable work experience in a non-profit, government, or higher education setting in outreach and recruitment working with potential students, schools, community groups, government agencies, and parents/guardians; AND
3. One year (2000 hours) of experience supervising, coordinating or directing volunteer services and/or community outreach which provides services to the public.
Note: Work experience with the District as a College Work Study Student or Lab Aide (3591) Classification will not be considered/applied as qualifying experience.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/1347060